News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Transporting a Cadillac from Nashville to Phoenix

Started by 1941-7523, December 12, 2011, 03:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1941-7523

I just purchased a car from Nashville and I am having a hard time finding the best way to get it to its new home in Phoenix. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. I have looked into catching a one-way flight there and driving back, but I am having a hard time rounding up a truck and trailer to haul it back. I figured y'all are the ones to go to for advice as I have heard a lot of stories of y'all shipping cars across the country.

Thank you so much in advance,

Matthew Gardner

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Matthew,

If the car is a driver, then I would have no hesitation driving it home.

I picked up my '72 Eldo on Fleabay in 2007, stored it till July '08, then replaced 4 Shocks, and drove it 4,600 miles from Detroit to Cherry Hill, then to the South East of Canada, and back to New York and shipped her home.   

Yes, we did have a few issues, but nothing that totally stopped us.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Chris Conklin

Go to the "Search" area of the forum and type in "car hauler". You'll get plenty of threads on this topic.
Chris Conklin

Caddy Wizard

I have had great service on several car relocations using Exotic Car Transport from Orlando, FL.  They ship all over and are very, very good.  Call and ask for "Jan".  800-766-8797.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

1941-7523

Thank you guys so much. I am trying to track down all of the options y'all have suggested. I have not found the best solution yet, but I am working towards it. Wish me luck.

Matt

Matt

I have done a "fly and drive" several times - if the car is roadworthy and the weather is agreeable it is not a bad way to spend a week.  I have also taken a Bus, and even a train to pick up a purchase.  However, there are always issues that develop, so it is best to have a back-up plan in place.  I once had to have a car towed to a storage unit and then caught a flight back home when insurmountable mechanical problems developed.  I eventually got the car hauled back home, so often that is the better solution from the beginning.  I now have a truck and trailer, and can retrieve my own vehicles if my schedule allows the time required.
Matthew Taylor
PCS MO Route 66 Chapter President