News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Flying Hood Goddess

Started by R Schroeder, June 04, 2013, 08:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

Interesting item. My first thought was that the "No Chrome" feature made it a 1942  "Black Out" item as I have one of those and they are not very good looking in my opinion, and it will probably get chromed some day.

I don't know about other years most 1942 hood ornaments are broken on the front end of the fixed part probably from closing the hood too vigorously.

I suggest that early owners let no one close the hoods but themselves  as that part is easy to break. The trick is to raise the Goddess and gently close the hood and then lower the goddess I believe.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Louis Smith

Quote from: gary griffin on June 04, 2013, 10:44:46 AM
I suggest that early owners let no one close the hoods but themselves  as that part is easy to break. The trick is to raise the Goddess and gently close the hood and then lower the goddess I believe.

Reminds me of people that slam down their automatic closing trunks and closing their doors with their unsupported windows.  One example is this 1969 convertible.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This is original. Usually, if you can see her bra top, it is original. (And of course the half round part underneath.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Louis Smith

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on June 06, 2013, 11:52:09 AM
This is original. Usually, if you can see her bra top, it is original. (And of course the half round part underneath.)

Thank you Mister Wheeler for pointing out the litmus test for Flying Goddess hood ornaments.  I don't think most of us would have noticed that she was wearing a bra.