News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 limousine

Started by BobDaniels, September 01, 2015, 03:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobDaniels

Hi I'm kinda new at this not sure where to post a car for sale... I have an all original 59 limousine that I need to sell.. My email is bobdaniels436email addresses not permitted if you're interested. Thank you

BJM

Bob
Thank you for posting here.  Minimum for offering a car for sale are location and price. But consider that you are registered, a lot of folks visit this forum and even if they don't buy your car, they can communicate to others in the club that might.

Rather then put a minimum content ad on a FREE forum, load us up with information and photos.  What is the mileage?  When was it last in operation?  How long has it been where it is at now? 

Location is huge because I am in Iowa. If you are in Florida it makes no sense for me to transport a limousine that far but for someone closer it might be what they are looking for?

How much do you need for it?  Make offer is no good, it usually leads to hard feelings.  You should have a starting point.

Tell us as much as possible about the car.  Mileage, condition of interior, any maintenance done to it. Rust and other issues. 

Smedly

I second the request for more info and pictures.
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

gary griffin

According to the area code in his earlier posts he is in California. I sent a PM for info bad no response either. He must not want to sell it very bad?
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

BobDaniels

As I said I'm not very familiar with using this forum. So yes I want to sell the car or else I wouldn't have posted it! I want $8000 this car needs complete floor pans and a trunk pan. Frame and body mounts are solid. I can get a clean California title for it. It's not running. Anyone can email me for more pictures.

BobDaniels

A few more pictures people can email me if they want more.

chrisntam

Who's gonna buy it?  That's pretty cool looking.  Too far gone for my blood though......(rust repair)

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

gary griffin

This was on eBay at $9,999 or best offer.. It is back on for $7,000 if anybody is interested. Pretty cheap for big fin Limo. Probably only needs $40,000 worth of work??
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Rod Dahlgren #19496

I have TWO series 75 Limo project cars that I would smile all the way to the bank if I could get this kind of $$ for the PAIR. But they are 1960 -- NOT 1959. It is just a shame that these are not desirable. That is just a simple fact.
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

C.R. Patton II

Ladies and gentlemen

Please enlighten me.  Why does this vehicle have a rear Georgia license plate but resembles the rust conditions of the Michigan plate in the front?
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

35-709

:o  Seeing as how the car is 56 years old, has a California title as well as plates from other states, who is to say where or when that car has been throughout its life.  Or why that would matter, it is what it is.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

BJM

Quote from: Rod Dahlgren #19496 on September 08, 2015, 11:58:15 AM
I have TWO series 75 Limo project cars that I would smile all the way to the bank if I could get this kind of $$ for the PAIR. But they are 1960 -- NOT 1959. It is just a shame that these are not desirable. That is just a simple fact.

They cost so much to restore and really only look right restored.  I have tried to purchase a 75 project from the seller in Newton Iowa but he wants unreasonable starting money.