News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

429 rear Crank seal needed

Started by rustytractor, March 15, 2017, 03:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustytractor

I'm rebuilding the engine in my '64 Coupe de Ville and have somehow lost one half of the crankshaft rear seal. 😫

I have a parcel being shipped to England the next week or so so can add the seal to it - anyone got one or know where to buy one - it's pretty urgent.

Thanks, Russ
Too many cars - too little time !!

russ austin

Google "Best Gaskets" for a dealer near your choice of locations.   FelPro lists them, but they are the wrong size.  It is for the 62 and older 390 . I'm gong to repeat myself here. It is the wrong part, do not buy the FelPro seal.

If you are having difficulties locating a vendor, email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com 
R.Austin

rustytractor

Quote from: russ austin on March 15, 2017, 08:33:22 AM
Google "Best Gaskets" for a dealer near your choice of locations.   FelPro lists them, but they are the wrong size.  It is for the 62 and older 390 . I'm gong to repeat myself here. It is the wrong part, do not buy the FelPro seal.

If you are having difficulties locating a vendor, email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com

Thanks for the advice Russ, I ordered a "Best" seal from Falcon Global.

Seems such a waste of money - the missing half of the seal is bound to turn up before the replacement arrives !

russ austin

You know it will, and that's what sucks.
R.Austin

Bobby B

Quote from: rustytractor on March 17, 2017, 06:25:29 PM
Seems such a waste of money - the missing half of the seal is bound to turn up before the replacement arrives !

If it wasn't a "Best" seal, it wasn't a waste of money purchasing one.

Quote from: russ austin on March 17, 2017, 10:16:05 PM
You know it will, and that's what sucks.
;D ;D ;D
                 Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

rustytractor

Quote from: Bobby B on March 19, 2017, 09:59:24 AM
If it wasn't a "Best" seal, it wasn't a waste of money purchasing one.
;D ;D ;D
                 Bobby

Ok confused. I assume you either meant:-

if it WAS a Best seal it wasn't a waste of money
OR
if it wasn't a Best seal it WAS a waste of money.

The double negative implies that the Best seal was a waste of money.

No, wait a minute....

Oh I give up - I've bought it now anyway 🤣

Bobby B

Quote from: rustytractor on March 19, 2017, 10:40:50 AM
Ok confused. I assume you either meant:-

if WAS a Best seal it wasn't a waste of money
OR
if it wasn't a Best seal it WAS a waste of money.

The double negative implies that the Best seal was a waste of money.

No, wait a minute....

Oh I give up - I've bought it now anyway 🤣

There's a reason why it's called The "Best" seal.......They make great products for vintage applications and tough seal situations where other companies just put out some form of a "Generic" seal. I Love Fel-Pro and Victor products, but for specific trouble type seals, "Best" is the way to go. You did Good..... Capisce?  ;)
                                                                                                                                                           Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

rustytractor

Quote from: Bobby B on March 19, 2017, 11:47:55 PM
There's a reason why it's called The "Best" seal.......They make great products for vintage applications and tough seal situations where other companies just put out some form of a "Generic" seal. I Love Fel-Pro and Victor products, but for specific trouble type seals, "Best" is the way to go. You did Good..... Capisce?  ;)
                                                                                                                                                           Bobby

👍🏻