News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CLC vs BCA Apples to Apples

Started by BJM, February 04, 2018, 01:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

Joined the BCA and CLC again at same time in mid December.  Same 2 year commitment from both clubs.  BCA is $50 per year, CLC is $40? I think per year.  Did on-lines for both memberships with provided debit card info.

So - the BCA has sent me 2 Bugles (club magazines) and picked up my old membership number.  I know CLC does not have a December issue but the Buick Club sent me a January and February Bugle.

I have received a "your a member" letter from the CLC National Office, which is the same as BCA (the Book's).  BUT - no Self Starter for January and now February. 

Yes I know I need to contact the Books and hopefully get a January / February issue but I thought it was interesting that I re-joined the 2 clubs at the same time with difference experience circumstances.  I need the vendor information and/or parts for sale out of the Self Starter more than I do out of the Bugle. 

gkhashem

The good thing here is Mike and Nancy Book do the administration for both clubs.

Quite possibly a clerical error has been made. Give them a call they will promptly take care of it. Ask them to arrange that you get a copy of all missing issues.

Any issues I have ever had while few very quickly corrected.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

Davidrubin

Hi Bryan, welcome to the club.  Please call the national office to get your back-issues.   Did you join the CLC online or did you mail your application?

thanks

Chuck Patton

Hello Bryan

Glad to have you as a CLC member.

I prefer to applaud Nancy and Mike Book for their decades of great management of our club.

They deserve a LARGE APPLE!
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

BJM

Quote from: Davidrubin on February 04, 2018, 04:57:04 PM
Hi Bryan, welcome to the club.  Please call the national office to get your back-issues.   Did you join the CLC online or did you mail your application?

thanks

It was on-line but with a follow up conversation with Nancy to determine if my old CLC # could still be used. That was all in December, around Christmas.  Not saying anything bad, but as you can imagine I am eager to get a Self Starter.

Peter Gariepy 26457

BJM,

I'm the CLC webmaster. In reviewing your membership you purchased a 2 year online only membership in December. That's why you are not receiving the printed magazine.  If that was done in error give the national office a call, they can fix it.

Peter

BJM

Peter
Thanks for checking. I would not even know how to get a SS PDF.  I thought I was purchasing a "regular" membership, as with the BCA.   That's too bad.