News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1956 Steering pump spacers and hardware

Started by Lexi, August 06, 2018, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi

Looking for a set of those spacers used to mount the steering pump to it's bracket. I believe there are 4 required in this set. Let me know what you have including the original related hardware (bolts/washers) if of proper length. Clay/Lexi

Caddy Wizard

I once had to locate a set of those spacers.  It turns out that they can be purchased at a hardware store that has extensive bolt and nut items for sale.  I forget the name of the part.

It is something like this (although this might not be the exact part -- I don't remember the dimensions)...

http://www.marshallshardware.com/products/product.aspx?pid=2-454-456-6891&lid=1
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Lexi

Art thanks. That is very useful information. The dimensions of those spacers may be dead on, though I suspect they may be a bit long, (would have to trim them or search their catalog for others). I did find some similar spacers that were packaged in an exhaust manifold bolt kit (for a late model car, not a classic), that were similar. They would have to be opened up a bit with the drill press. These ones you found are better. Thanks! Clay/Lexi