News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1975 Fleetwood ex Elvis

Started by Roger Zimmermann, January 16, 2022, 05:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Zimmermann

1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

D.Smith

A shame that it wasn't kept in better shape.  I'm sure it was still like new when Elvis gifted it to his Doctor in 1976.  The interior condition is a mess.

chrisntam

Dang, nearly $88,000.00 for that?  You're right about the interior...
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

The Tassie Devil(le)

No vehicle is worth that much, in such a condition, no matter who the initial purchaser was.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

J

yeah bruce  but it was The King !!!  ;D
Cadillac got me!!!

Bryan J Moran

In this case, for some reason, I am not that impressed it has provenance.  I would at a certain price point, not sure what that would be, but apples to apples against a nice, well preserved 75 Fleetwood, I would take the better car. 
CLC 35000 in number only

D.Smith

It's unforgivable that anyone would trash a Cadillac given to them, let alone Elvis. 

71 Fleetwood

Yes, unforgivable!

I had a customer that was a police captain.  Elvis gifted a Lincoln to him for providing security during his visits to Denver.  It was treated well and eventually found a home at the Tupelo Auto Museum.

Funny thing, after watching movies like the Godfather I had developed an impression that police captains were able to live above their pay grade (wink wink).  This one didn't.  They lived in the same humble home where they raised their family.  Elvis made a good choice when he found Captain Kennedy.
1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: D.Smith on January 17, 2022, 02:03:20 PM
It's unforgivable that anyone would trash a Cadillac given to them, let alone Elvis.
Maybe the fella was not into large-gas-gulping vehicles?   Heck, some people even liked VW's even back then.

And not to denigrate the "King" but some people didn't like him or his music.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

71 Fleetwood

Luckily, I'm in a town where the local sports and entertainment celebs are easily accessible.  When you meet these people in a normal setting they turn out to be normal people.  Yes, Elvis was bigger than life and that turned off a lot of insecure guys because their girlfriends went kooky over him.  I never met him but I have family in Vegas who did, and they say he was decent.  I'm now older than "old Elvis" and I can remember wanting to be like "young Elvis" during my pre-teen years.  I resent that slovenly people trashed the '75 Fleetwood when so many others would have cherished the car and the story behind it.  I hope the new owner has time and money to restore it to Cadillac glory.

1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

jwwseville60

I love Elvis and his music.
But his taste in interiors....well, its an acquired one at best!

1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC