News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 lower dash

Started by Paul, October 02, 2023, 02:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hello! Does anyone know what the lower dashboard color is based on? I didn't see this as a choice on the ordering sheet. How was the lower dash color determined? Is it always the body color? I've seen many examples where the lower dash is white and the upper dash is the body color. Does anyone know the correct matrix or way to determine the lower dash color?
59 Caddy, Seminole Red with Dover White top

JayRudig390

billyoung

To the best of my knowledge when the interior trim was two colors such as red and white or blue and white etc. rather than one solid color The darker color was used on the dash top and the lower color was white. This was done because of safety do to glare for the driver. Anytime you see a white dash cover or any too light colored cover it is not correct to original.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.