News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Image Request 1960 Fuse Block

Started by Clewisiii, December 30, 2023, 08:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clewisiii

All,

The new member @myautoempire is looking for a fuse block for a 1960 sedan to use as a core to have a new wire harness made.

He was looking on eBay at a 1964 fuse block for sale for a lot of money. But it does not look like my 61 block which I assume is closer to the 1960.

I looked in the parts book and it lists the wire harness as different for every year. But that does not mean the fuse block is different.

Here is a picture of my 61. Can someone show a picture of a 1960 or 1959 to see if he can expand his search. IMG_20231230_161510868.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Moody

The 60 is different. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.
Moody

D. Mailan

Here's a photo from my early production 1960 flat top. It's a little tricky to get a nice picture because of the a/c duct and the vacuum lines. I hope this helps.

Derick

Clewisiii

Yes that is different. So I guess it will be one year only for him.

He is overseas and the car does not have the stock wiring. He wants to have a new wire harness made in the us. But he needs a core wire harness for this part.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

V63

As a suggestion? Since the fuse panel location is so difficult to see?

Maybe go with an after market fuse panel? The fuses are MUCH easier to source remove, and are color coded. Also this panel (see image) has LED warning light once fuse is blown.

This one is listed at $45

Clewisiii

Quote from: V63 on January 02, 2024, 02:39:30 AMAs a suggestion? Since the fuse panel location is so difficult to see?

Maybe go with an after market fuse panel? The fuses are MUCH easier to source remove, and are color coded. Also this panel (see image) has LED warning light once fuse is blown.

This one is listed at $45

Unfortunately since that guy is trying to have a wire harness made they will only go off original print and components at those places.

59-in-pieces

Carl,

Here are some images that show the 1959 main fuse block and the additional smaller block with the turn signal "blinker" module, with both the front and back views.
The back images may also be helpful when sorting out the wires within the harnesses.

Derick has supplied an example of the 60 block for comparison.

Hope these images help.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher