News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Im back.

Started by Bruce Reynolds # 18992, January 08, 2005, 11:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Boy,

I should never have taken a 2 1/2 week holiday over Christmas and New Year.

It has just taken me 5 hours to read up on what I missed and had to delve back to page 7 on the Message Board to catch up.  Not having access to a computer whilst away has made me realise that I need to take more time away from it, buy, I know that will never happen.

I trust that Derek Sherwood will continue to make the decisions that are pertinent to him, but I also wish that anyone submitting a request, information, or a statement, could use the Subject Line to clearly describe what is contained.

As with Derek, one of my pet peeves is the message only carrying an internet address, with no description, as Derek stated, and as I have only just switched to Broadband, I had wasted lots of Dial-up time and downloading.

Anyway, I had a good holiday in Sydney, away from car stuff (boy, did I have withdrawal symptoms), but now am, hopefully, back to normal.

Now, what post can I shanghai.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

JIM CLC # 15000

01-09-04
BRUCE, welcome back, where the h--l were you when no-one could come up with a smart a-- answer to some of the posters.
Again, welcome back and Happy New Year to you and the misses.
Good Luck, Jim

Ed Mobley

Mike #19861

Glad to have you back! We did certainly miss your humourous commentary. Im sorry that we do not have your down under sort of humour to try and fill in! Just my northern redneck humour, which does not translate well in print.

Now you did enjoy yourself, really, didnt you? Car withdrawal is a clinically recognised condition, but I trust you will back on the mending path in short order.

One thing you did have to come back to, other than endless posts and threads here, was a nicely finished kitchen!

Happy New Year! (belated)

Mike

Steve Crum 20999

Welcome back Bruce!!
Looking forward to your refreshing slant on the various discussions! Now if we can get Pooter to leave the "third rail" alone!

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Welcome back, Tassie-deVille!   Glad to have you back and hope your holiday was a good one.  I am also relieved you all escaped the Tsunami ... my prayers go out to everyone out there.  (Yes, I know you have Australia between you and the islands but hey....I can still worry, nez pas?)

For the record, I am STILL using dialup.  I wont be getting broadband until the snow clears, maybe June at this rate :(   so I understand the irritation of waiting for a post to open only to realize it is nothing but an address ... and one that will take another couple of minutes to load.  sigh  But since I am retired (but hardly retiring) its OK for the time being.

Glad to have you back, Bruce.  Hows the Caddy doing?

Porter

The vast majority of us here own vintage Cadillacs and go through many trials and tribulations restoring, rebuilding, tuning, finding parts and even seeking lost methods and technology to even work on these cars.

I take my auto restoration very seriously and perform all work meticulously, however, there is a human side to all this car stuff.

Without a little humor I would find it way to serious and less enjoyable.

Some members have avoided the forum due to the new format, I actually prefer it once I got used to it.

Some people cant handle change, Cadillac has been builiding cars for 100 years, whatever your age or preference in the year of Cadillacs you prefer, we are all part of the Cadillac family.

Go with the flow,

Porter

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Thanks Randy,

It is good to be home.

We didnt feel the 8.9 Quake South of Macquarie Island,(part of Tasmania) even though it was the largest one recorded in the Century up until the East Asia one that caused the Tsunami.

Today I put the 60 CDV up on jack stands in preparation for replacing the rear suspension upper joint, which will hopefully fix the shuddering on take-off that the car has always had since I owned it.   And, going to replace the two botton joints on the front suspension at the same time.

Will advise all and sundry if the shuddering stops.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV