News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

V12 Coil

Started by Cord1930, July 29, 2014, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cord1930

Hello.  I am looking for 1 or 2 coils for my 1931 V12 Roadster.  I am still using a 6 volt system.   NOS would be great.  An excellent used one would also be fine.  If anyone knows of any substitutes that would work, I would be greatly interested.  All leeds will be greatly appreciated.  I can be reached via email directly at: cord1930email addresses not permitted          Thanks

Bill Ingler #7799

Wayne Womble 12210

I think thats the Atwater Kent guy. I can tell you, you wont get anything that resembles an original `31 coil there.

Better to go junking and find some good 12V coils that look OK, and use them.  12V coils are essentially the same as 6V coils, you just dont use the resistor to limit the current. 

Cord1930

thanks for all the information guys