News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1974 Eldorado hood oil-can...
Last post by danjarrett1 - April 26, 2024, 10:12:39 AM
Thank you Rick. The sub gusset structure now not appear to be compromised by anyone sitting on the hood. There's just a consistent gap that I believe, if filled with the right sealant, would stop the hood vibrations in cruise. 3M is the best product I know of for bonding material together for sure
General Discussion / Re: Cadillac Presented Replica...
Last post by 59-in-pieces - April 26, 2024, 10:09:20 AM
Vince,

I just saw that display case - no trophy - with lights and a rotating table on Facebook Market Place (I think).
They wanted $2,500.

Have fun,
Steve B.
Last post by Vince Taliano #13852 - April 26, 2024, 10:08:07 AM
Quote from: Carfreak on April 26, 2024, 10:00:00 AMCan you send a copy of the document you showed that I can print and display there alongside the 'Dewar' in the Showroom?

Sue, I will gladly donate it to the Museum and deliver it to Gettysburg, if you are interested.  How does that sound? 

Thanks.

PS:  Too big to copy. 
Last post by Carfreak - April 26, 2024, 10:06:30 AM
Looking very closely to read the dealer names:

Harvey Cadillac is now owned by John Lees and still in business.  He is a supporter of the CLC Museum.   

During Cadillac Fall Festival several years ago, we toured the dealership and John Leese's car collection.

John's low mileage 1976 Eldo Bicentennial convertible is on display at the CLC Museum.

Last post by Carfreak - April 26, 2024, 10:00:00 AM
Not sure about the dealers but there are two of these Dewar Trophies in the Cadillac Museum @ Gilmore. 

Can you send a copy of the document you showed that I can print and display there alongside the 'Dewar' in the Showroom?
General Discussion / Cadillac Presented Replicate D...
Last post by Vince Taliano #13852 - April 26, 2024, 09:38:06 AM
Sometime in the 1980s, Cadillac saluted dealers who achieved complete customer satisfaction by presenting replicate Dewars trophies.  Wonder how many of these dealers are still around today!

Seats in the '76 ELC-Bic that Vince posted above look new.
General Discussion / Re: American Pickers: The Wiza...
Last post by James Landi - April 26, 2024, 08:01:34 AM
So interesting... would not be hard to imagine  telephone "access sockets" and designated parking.  Great stuff!  James
General Discussion / Re: 1976 Eldorado Convertible ...
Last post by Carfreak - April 26, 2024, 07:47:52 AM
You can track costs but never total the numbers; has been known to cause health conditions. 
General Discussion / Re: 1976 Eldorado Convertible ...
Last post by billyoung - April 26, 2024, 06:33:30 AM
Man, I wish I could find where to get a seedling money tree to plant in MY backyard. Thank God I bought Raggedy Ann for $ 8,500.00 in November 2023. I have yet to do total cost accounting but I probably have a total of about $ 18,000.00 invested  plus all my labor. I Love the car and never intend on selling it. It is in getting it's sound system now and then I will be putting in the door and rear side panels and rear seat back in.