News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

wtb 1956 cadillac eldorado parts

Started by CaddyJay, July 09, 2022, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaddyJay

evening just purchased my second 1956 eldorado seville i need some parts to make her more presentable as a driver while i get ready for a full resto....

looking for

good driver quality front bumper
rear bumper, bumper ends either redone or clean originals
driver side window reveals mine are pitted pretty bad
master window switch wire pig tail
bat wing air cleaner as this cars is missing

i am located in Nj thank you

JAY LONGO #34040

Lexi

Is it just the vent window or the larger roll up window you need? May have the larger window and will check condition if that is the one you require. Think that is the one with a chrome trim around the glass. Have a loose vent window as well as a complete driver vent window and frame assembly (once broken but expertly repaired). Both glass in these vents as I remember are bubbled at the bottom (early de-lamination in progress). Can check that as well. Have a front bumper but short of checking may need chrome. May have slight ding down low (curb hit?) as I recall. No bat wing but may have a master window switch pig tail, will have to look. No rear Eldo bumper ends. Clay/Lexi

Roger Zimmermann

I have rear bumper ends, in a terrible shape. When I restored my '56 Biarritz, I bought a pair which was ready to install. I don't have the smaller "covers". If interested, I can do pictures.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Lexi

As an after thought should the replacement glass be EZ-Eye or clear? Clay/Lexi

The Tassie Devil(le)

Depends on what the car was ordered with.

e-z-e eye was an option in cars, but the Eldorado might have been standard, or the buyer opted for clear.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Lexi

Yes. If the poster replies hopefully what I have here matches the other glass in his car, (he didn't say what his car has). It would look odd to see mis-matched glass in this car. I think all my parts glass is EZ Eye. Clay/Lexi