News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 hydramatic experts needed.

Started by Quentin Hall, October 20, 2023, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quentin Hall

My mate is reassembling a 47 hydramatic and is hunting for any advice or band adjustment tools.
Any info appreciated.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Joe Jensen

I attached a picture of the front band adjustment tool.  This one is the snap-on version.  If you are looking for one you might search this one as well.  I borrowed one when I rebuilt my transmission.

The rear one is pretty easy to have duplicated.  If you have access to a steel shop with a water jet or maybe a laser cutter you can make your own.  I can send a drawing to you if you are interested.

AT-52 is the tool part number.  Sorry, I get an error every time I attempt to attach the picture.

Good luck!
Joe

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Toolzguy on ebay is who I bought my Kent-Moore Hydramatic tools from. He managed to find them all for me and was reasonably priced. I would happily loan mine but I'm guessing your friend is in Australia and I'm in the UK?! BTW I saw a rebuild of one of these transmission where the guy had it on the bench and applied the bands with air and adjusted them then. That transmission was super smooth when finished.
Phil

Quentin Hall

Thanks for both comments. Yep I'm in Brisbane. I'll do more investigation based on what you have both said.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Joe Jensen

Here is the picture I was trying to send previously.  The inner part of the tool is threaded out for the picture.  The tool is assembled when setting the front band.

The rear band tool is very simple can can be easily made.

Good luck!
Joe