News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Trunk Weatherstip

Started by jcoleman48@verizon.net, November 25, 2023, 07:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcoleman48@verizon.net

I need to replace trunk weatherstrip on my 1947 Sixty Special. Steele sells it in two pieces one for the lower (body) is 15 feet and a three foot strip for the upper, presumably the lid. The lid currently has no weatherstrip so I need to know where on it I should attach the three foot piece. I'm looking at Steele p/n 70-0872-84 weatherstip kit. Any advice grteatly appreciated.

Rossoroo

Hi there,
I believe the short strip which is around 40"+ on my 49 goes in the channel on the body at the top of the trunk. The longer piece goes on the lid and should nest in the balance of the body channel when the lid is shut.IMG_2215.JPG
49-6269 My First Caddy

bobrich47

Hi John, I have the same car. I saw that when I was prioritizing rubber I need. I'm not sure whySteele makes the trunk seal in 2 pieces.  I still have the original on my car & it's one piece that meets in the center bottom, just above the license plate. I've looked carefully & there are no glue joints. Maybe you could join them?See photos. Let me know if you have any other questions & how you make out. Bob.
Bob Richards