News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 Turn Signal Light Bulb

Started by ghjedi, December 20, 2023, 08:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghjedi

Hello,

I noticed today that my driver side front turn signal light is not blinking when activated and I would like to replace the light bulb.  Passenger side works fine.  The car is still a 6 volt system (trying to keep it stock), so does anyone know what the proper bulb type is for this light?

Thank you!
1964 DeVille Convertible
1960 Coupe DeVille
1949 Series 62 Convertible
1941 Series 63

signart

Google: 1158 bulb
Art D. Woody

conyankee2

Jeff - did this answer your question? I know on my '47 w/ fog lights it's a different bulb than the 1158. I believe '49 had the option of fog lights as well? If so, that may be a different bulb than what's listed. I could also be completely wrong as I'm really only most familiar w/ the 47.
1947 Cadillac 61 Series Sedan Hydamatic
1978 Cadillac Seville Sedan

ghjedi

Thank you for checking conyankee2 and you're correct. There are 2 variations for 1948 and 1949 (with and w/o fog lights).  I have the fog light variation and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't really notice it before, largely because both of my fog lights are out and I never drive the car at night or in poor weather.  The very handy 48-49 authenticity manual on page 26 clarified for me that the correct bulbs in this case are the #55 (parking) and #1022 (fog) light bulbs.  I have attached a picture of my 1949 fog lamp for future reference.  The parking light works, but the turn signal flashing aspect does not on my driver side: another issue for me to chase down over the holiday break!  Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.
1964 DeVille Convertible
1960 Coupe DeVille
1949 Series 62 Convertible
1941 Series 63