News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1967 Body data plate

Started by Cadillac1967inthenorth, December 05, 2023, 01:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac1967inthenorth

This is the body plate of my 67 deville. The car has the following options: Guide-matic. twiligt sentinel, AM radio, 6-way power seat, power locks, tinted glass, door edge guards and climate control. The first three options isnĀ“t listed on the plate. Could it be dealer installed options?

This is from the 1967 data book.

Larry Savino

Although I cant answer your question . I have a 67 also (in the north in NY) and I was able to order my build data ? (I am not sure whats its called) but it old me the date the vin and the options it left the factory with .

https://www.gm.com/heritage

Good luck

badpoints

I don't think that all the options are on the body data plate.
IMG_0623 - Copy.JPGIMG_0639.JPG

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: badpoints on December 06, 2023, 08:06:34 AMI don't think that all the options are on the body data plate.
IMG_0623 - Copy.JPGIMG_0639.JPG

Thank you! thats a loaded car :)

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: Larry Savino on December 06, 2023, 06:16:57 AMAlthough I cant answer your question . I have a 67 also (in the north in NY) and I was able to order my build data ? (I am not sure whats its called) but it old me the date the vin and the options it left the factory with .

https://www.gm.com/heritage

Good luck
Thank you! Did you get the invoice?

Larry Savino

I did not get an invoice but I get the build data that matches an original sales invoice that came with my car 

Larry Savino

@badpoints WOW thats allot of options ,Cool Car build

bctexas

My understanding is that the bodies were made in the Fleetwood plant, where the body tag was attached.  The bodies were then shipped to the Clark Avenue Cadillac assembly plant where they were mated to the chassis and completed.  Some options were built into the body, and recorded on the body tag.  Other options were installed with the completion of the car at Clark Avenue, and are not recorded on the body tag.

Someone please correct me if I have it wrong!

Happy Motoring!
1965 CDV
1970 SDV

Cadillac1967inthenorth

Quote from: bctexas on December 07, 2023, 11:35:24 AMMy understanding is that the bodies were made in the Fleetwood plant, where the body tag was attached.  The bodies were then shipped to the Clark Avenue Cadillac assembly plant where they were mated to the chassis and completed.  Some options were built into the body, and recorded on the body tag.  Other options were installed with the completion of the car at Clark Avenue, and are not recorded on the body tag.

Happy Motoring!
good point!

J. Skelly

Quote from: bctexas on December 07, 2023, 11:35:24 AMMy understanding is that the bodies were made in the Fleetwood plant, where the body tag was attached.  The bodies were then shipped to the Clark Avenue Cadillac assembly plant where they were mated to the chassis and completed.  Some options were built into the body, and recorded on the body tag.  Other options were installed with the completion of the car at Clark Avenue, and are not recorded on the body tag.

Happy Motoring!
correct
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Seville Life

The Cadillac listed option codes don't always match the codes used by Fisher Body? Annoying to say the least. Someone in the Club has done a study of this, just can't recall his name?

Yes the body, cowl rearward was built at Fisher-Fleetwood, painted, vinyl/convertible roof, glass and fully trimmed but NO instrument panel. Oddly, late 60's they put the wiper motor and arms in the body I believe?

Cadillac installed the instrument panel and here I believe is where the option codes are different. If the option is something installed in the dash, then it's (probably) a Cadillac thing and code.

The colour of the car, vinyl top and trim, while Cadillac, is largely being built by Fisher-Fleetwood.

Doesn't help all these years later.

There's a page from Cadillac Assembly you can buy from GM Archives (great people), a daily cars produced list. Working your way across it gives everything ordered/fitted to the car.
Paul Bedford

Cadillac1967inthenorth

T
Quote from: Seville Life on December 17, 2023, 01:15:48 AMThe Cadillac listed option codes don't always match the codes used by Fisher Body? Annoying to say the least. Someone in the Club has done a study of this, just can't recall his name?

Yes the body, cowl rearward was built at Fisher-Fleetwood, painted, vinyl/convertible roof, glass and fully trimmed but NO instrument panel. Oddly, late 60's they put the wiper motor and arms in the body I believe?

Interesting!
The 3 options missing ob my car is all in the instrument panel. Thanks :)