News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1975 Headlight Sentry

Started by harrypressman, December 20, 2023, 05:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrypressman

I have tried unsuccessfully to turn my lights on during the day with no success.  I disconnected the light sensing device behind the grill, tried reconnecting it and wrapping it with black tape. No success.
This leads me to want to know how to turn the headlights off at night with just the parking lights on so I can take the car into a drive in movie. 

V63

There should be a switch behind the headlight knob the reads "sentinel", it's a chrome lip that you turn to the far left and feel a CLICK... that should turn off the sentinel. In any case pulling out the headlight switch should default the lights to on.

Check your floor headlight dimmer switch for a failure.

76Caddy

Quote from: harrypressman on December 20, 2023, 05:41:14 PMI have tried unsuccessfully to turn my lights on during the day with no success.  I disconnected the light sensing device behind the grill, tried reconnecting it and wrapping it with black tape. No success.
This leads me to want to know how to turn the headlights off at night with just the parking lights on so I can take the car into a drive in movie. 
The light behind the grill is for automatic dimming, the sensor for twilight sentinel is in the dash on most years, should be in the left speaker grill.

Tim 
Tim Plummer
CLC #18948
1967 Eldorado
1976 Brougham
1976 Seville
2019 XT5
1969 Chevy c/10 pickup
1971 Chevy Impala