News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Solenoid or bad connection.
Technical / Authenticity / 1950 Delco Remy Starter gear c...
Last post by ToddH - Today at 05:40:39 PM
1950 Cadillac original Delco Remy Starter WAS working ok but I took it off to repaint the outside along with oil pan, etc.  I must have jostled something as I put it back on because silence/nothing...  So, I took the starter off, bench tested it and the solenoid clicks the gear out but the gear barely spun.  Ok, so then I took it all apart, put new brushes on and cleaned everything!  Put it back together and the gear still clicks out but now it won't spin at all. UGH. 

Bad clutch housing, armature, solenoid, coils or???  Everything seems to be wired back correctly, battery fully charged. Thank you for any help!
For Sale - Cars / Re: WTS: 1964 Sedan Deville
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Today at 05:17:27 PM
This vehicle has been listed on Ebay.
General Discussion / Re: Personal message limit
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 05:12:05 PM
Yes. Looks good now.
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 05:11:22 PM
I bought a lot of parts off of eBay from The Mother Brain. Haven't heard from him since the old 61-62 group.

I really wanted the oil breather and the door strikers. That made the price worth it to me. I can use the mirror adjuster. But I already bought a new mirror adjuster. I don't need the rearview mirror. It is not correct anyway. I already have a full set of interior handles, and mine are brush chrome, so these bright chrome are unneeded.

I was hopeful for the sun visor brackets. But they are incorrect. Everyone sells them as 61 with a note saying they are a half inch longer. Well that makes them not work.

But I am still happy.

I thought I had an oil breather sticker. Two actually. But I cannot find them.

IMG_20240516_165842837.jpgIMG_20240516_165725757.jpg
General Discussion / Re: Rear main seal 68 Eldorado...
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 04:31:49 PM
Quote from: TJ Hopland on Today at 01:27:25 PMI didn't think it was available outside of the full engine gasket sets but these people have it.

https://cad500parts.com/product/gs41301/

The full sets are not that expensive, it doesn't take many individual parts to hit the cost of the full set so may not be a bad idea to get the full set so you have pretty much everything since its all the same age and condition.

These folks have been around a long time. I would go with the complete set too.

This is one of those, "While I'm at it", jobs.

Real seal? Oil pan and front cover gasket too.

Great chance to get rid of the plastic timing sprocket, it's out a looking at you. Cloyes is the way to go for parts.
Quote from: Clewisiii on Yesterday at 03:50:11 PMI currently have 67 personal messages. But it says that is 6700% full.

Is there an issue here.

Screenshot_20240515-154816.jpg
I found a setting in our forum software that might affect the above image. Let me know if anything has changed.
TIA
Stefan
While reinstating the users that had forgotten to update their forum profile with their CLC number in the correct field, I have noticed that many of you have still not filled in the Security (Secret) Question and Answer. This information is required to make a self-service (quick) password reset.

I have had feedback that the option to use email for the reset is not reliable, probably because of spammer filtering at many big email providers. Our forum emails actually come from a different server than where our normal email service is housed, and too many systems see that as possible spam.

Please make the relevant update to your forum profile, it will make your life much simpler if you need to reset your password in the future.

Stefan
Quote from: TJ Hopland on Today at 11:37:58 AM"tested on a copy"?  Meaning running sort of in parallel?  And the other one was already locked out so admins could see how many people were going to run into issues?
The change on May 1st only affected new users and any user that made an update to their forum profile.
Quote from: TJ Hopland on Today at 11:37:58 AM"tested on a copy"?  Meaning running sort of in parallel?  And the other one was already locked out so admins could see how many people were going to run into issues?
No, the testing occurred before May 1st, so that the down time on the 'Live' forums would be at a minimum. The main part of the downtime was taken up by the backup of the forums. That has to be done, even though the process had been tested, just in case.

Stefan