News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Antena Instalation

Started by MIKIMBIN1, March 04, 2024, 08:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIKIMBIN1

Hi I need help in how the antena is install in a 1959 Cadillac, I don't take apart so I need some pictures how is mount in the Inner fender
Thanks
Vic Fdez
Vic@59Caddy.me

Cadillac Jack 82

Should be easy to access from inside the fender but you might need an extra hand
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Michael Petti

It can be done from the top. leave the mast extended about a quarter of an inch to help the extra person hold the mast in the hole in the fender. I wound up laying over the engine and lowering the antenna in then reaching down from the top to bolt it to the bracket using the L shaped mounting bracket. It helps to put the bracket on before lowering the antenna in leaving the backet loose so it swivels until you tighten it up. Another way that works is to insert the antenna from the bottom behind the front wheel then get up top and lift it into place. You may have to jack the car up a little to do it this way.  I've done that too. mine is still in storage so I can not take pictures. Maybe some one else has them.

59-in-pieces

Victor,

Which power antenna do you have - Pioneer or Tenna.
They have different brackets to mount them under the passenger fender.
There are different antenna wires, rubber grommets and ground wires to be attached.

I assume you have the power unit already out of the car and want to put it back - Right?

I have always had better luck in reinstalling the unit by first removing the tire and wheel from the suspension.

If you can, please send some pictures of the power unit and of the area below the fender once the wheel has been removed.

Once I can see and understand your situation, I might have a better chance of sending some pics which might help.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

MIKIMBIN1

Hi, thanks for your help. I have the Pioneer.
here are some pictures
Vic Fdez
Vic@59Caddy.me

59-in-pieces

Victor,

None of your pics came through.

According to an PM from the web master - all pics from Feb 23rd are lost and need to be reposted.

Have fun,
Steve B
S. Butcher

Mococad guy

I've been messing with my antenna, trying to get it to work properly. I bought a second parts antenna and still I cant get it to work right. Who did you use to get yours to work, or restore? I have the second edition pioneer, with the clicks as oposed to the springs.
I assume the plastic ribbon is toast, even tho all the parts are there and working right.

MIKIMBIN1

Vic Fdez
Vic@59Caddy.me

Michael Petti

Cadillac Tim did mine. Cost was very reasonable and turn around time short.

Mococad guy

Can you post some info for this Cadillac Tim? How do I get in touch with him or his business?

Michael Petti

Michael Petti

I hope that works. I not real techy but that's how it looks when I Google it.