News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2012 Grans National Meet Awards

Started by wfshelly, March 17, 2024, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfshelly

I recently bought a 1937 Cadillac Series 60 model 49; 6049.  A convertible sedan.  The car came with an award placque from the 2012 national.  "First Place Primary" was the award.  I'm having difficulty understanding what "First Place Primaary" means.  Can anyone help?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Under the earlier system, the first time a car is judged it is entered in the Primary Division. If the car took a First Place award, it means that it scored higher than all other cars in the Class (1936-1938 V8) within that Division. The car then is designated Senior and is assigned a Senior badge. The next time the car is judged at a GN, it is entered into the Senior Division where the Classes cover a broader range of model years of other Senior cars which becomes much more competitive.

I checked the Directory and I found a 1937 6049 Convertible Sedan S/N 6034308 with Senior Badge #743 that was shown at the CLC GN in St. Augustine FL 2012.

If the car had not been entered in another GN within 10 years of attaining Senior, it would be eligible for entry in the Primary Class again.

Hope this helps.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute