News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Ive seen similar happen.

Started by Jim Snell, September 03, 2005, 06:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Snell

Howdy,
Way back in 1980, my buddys 1967 Eldorado dropped a rod through the pan. (Also a 60,000 actual mile, original paint, and like new auto) He had started the car and it was idling in the driveway.... Went: Tick tick tick, knock, knock, Kapow! We were amazed, and after we tore down the engine, it was a rod cap bolt that fractured after all those years... Go figure..
On liability: One of my friends had a real nice Olds 442. Had it at the local #mart auto center for a tune up, and the mechanic totaled it in the parking lot during a "test drive".... He had a collision with another auto as he was cutting diagonally ascross the lot... "The sun was in his eyes"   The 442 was a total loss, and my buddys own auto insurance paid for the other car also.... Seems there was a disclaimer my buddy signed right there on the work order when he left the car... Just my three cents worth..

denise

No way would I leave my car with #mart, for any reason, any more than I would let a dental clinic work on my teeth.

Yes, I know, cars do break on their own, but if you trust someone with your car, for any reason, you should expect to get it back intact.  I would just feel horrible if someones car were damaged while in my care.  No way would I try to give it back to him that way.

-denise