News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

A window in the weather

Started by jeff elliott CLC #23590, January 21, 2008, 04:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff elliott CLC #23590

Finally,
after 2 months of waiting, a break in the cr*p British winter weather, the damp salt laden roads (the type that covers your car in acid sludge within a mile) have dried, an opportunity to get the Caddy out of storage and go for a proper drive, a short 4 hours later the car is back indoors, that night, (saturday gone), it's raining again with sleet/snow and is still going, how long to the next chance? who knows, but it put a long overdue smile on my face and made my week  ;D ;D ;D roll on the summer.
regards Jeff

David #19063

I bet you enjoyed that!

Our roads are white with salt right now and the high will stay below freezing for at least the next 5 - 7 days.
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

OK

This thread raises an interesting question about salt on the roads.  I live in the Washington DC area, and we get snow maybe 5 or 6 times over the winter.   The roads are usually salted just before a snow or when the snow starts.  How long is best to wait after the roads are salted so as to minimize the damage to our cars?  I've generally figured that I need to wait until there' s a good rain storm after the snow storm, on the theory that the rain is going to wash most of the salt away.  Once the road is dry after that good rain, I usually feel okay driving.  Too cautious? Not cautious enough?  I'd be interested in your take.
O. Kerr

homeonprunehill

01-22-08
ORIN, I for one thinks you are "right on the money" will just have to wait to see what others think
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES