News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 hood question

Started by Cal78, January 28, 2008, 12:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal78

Friend up in Oregon has a 1950 Fleetwood, car is mostly complete, the problem is when he had the hood off his car, minus the hood ornament, which thank goodness was in the house, the hood was stolen out from in front of his house, now i have a Repalcement hood i'm fixing up for him, it's a secret, my question is, I wan't to make the hood original as possible, what was underneath the hood, insulation and waht kind and where there any decals on the underside for that year?

Russ Hobden

Hood insulation was not used and there were no decals or writing on the underside.  You're a good friend to do this for him.  Russ Hobden #1235

Jeff Maltby 4194

My 49 hood was completely undercoated.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Cal78 on January 28, 2008, 12:29:42 AM
Friend up in Oregon has a 1950 Fleetwood, car is mostly complete, the problem is when he had the hood off his car, minus the hood ornament, which thank goodness was in the house, the hood was stolen out from in front of his house,

Why in the world would someone want to steal a 58 year old Cadillac hood?  Could it be that just by chance, someone was riding by that also needed a 1950 Cadillac hood, and just got out and took it?

David #19063

There are scrap metal theives all over the country.

I suggest that you call some scrap recycling places in his area and see if you can recover the hood.
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

John Morris #23947

I'm in Oregon, I think I have a flawless 50 hood.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

TommyO

:D i HAD A FIFTY LIMO WAY BACK IN COLLEGE DAYS, AND PULLE DTHE HOOD RELEASE ONE DAY WHILE DRIVING INSTEAD OF THE AIR VENT KNOB.  CRASH BANG!  WHAT A MESS.  AS I REMEMBER WE HAD QUITE A TIME REPLACING THE HOOD SPRINGS.  DON'T PULL THEM OFF, UNLESS YOU ARE READY FOR A WORK OUT!
Tomeo

jimgovoni 20546

1950 Cadillacs had an inside hood release?

Gary McKinney

Gary McKinney

1950 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe
1966 Cadillac Eldorado