News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

A tale of 2 Eldorados, make that 3.

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, June 29, 2008, 10:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

The auction just went off on the black  67 Eldo that someone posted a link on this board.  A DEALER paid $30K!  Low milage, but some issues. Makes no difference to me if it was owned by Van Tune or Van Gogh. The customized 68 that was discussed on this board only got a bid of $5350. That's not even what a comparable  stock one should bring. And to top it off, bidding is up to almost $800 on that rusty 68  junker in Ca. WHAT'S wrong with this picture???  All 3 of these prices seem to be  extreme to me. Anyones thoughts? Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

TMoore - NTCLC

I always thought that these cars were simply beautiful, and for what ever reason, they have long been ignored.  It may well be that people are realizing the value that these cars represent, and interest is finally picking up.

I almost bought an extremely nice 68 a few years back, when the prices were just ridiculously low, but I passed because of the color (black/black/black) - if it had been the teal blue green, it would be in my garage today.

Tod