News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Casddys at Hershey, post report

Started by Art#22010, July 13, 2008, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Thanks, Art. My parents bought a new '37 Oldsmobile (the first of many...most people were really loyal to one make back then) just after their marriage in Dec. '36. Both the eight and the six of that year had very different grilles than this one which I think is a '36, but may be a '35.
Rusty

2danreed

Hi Rusty,

Yes, I believe that is a '36 Olds.

Dan
Dan Reed

Art#22010

Rusty, Im waiting for a friend to get back from Flint Mi to confirm as he registered the car that day. However, I do confer with Dan and do believe it was a 36. Im delighted it has brought back fond memories for you. We had many fine cars that day and that Olds spoke for itself.  Our region has always teamed up with Oldsmobile for our Spring -Summer show. Since its dissolution its become a little fragmented here with Olds, but we still encourage them to bring them in and are glad when they do.  A very long line of fine cars and we enjoy them. Art

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Art,
With the history of Cadillac-La Salle and Oldsmobile sales outlets, it's only natural for your region to have joint activities with the Olds group.  As I'm sure you know, Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles were "dualed" in many dealerships for decades.
Every so often, a sales invoice for a 1930's-1960's Cadillac will be printed in the Self-Starter and, just as often as not, the heading will be something like "Johnson Cadillac-Oldsmobile Company". Also, the two divisions have historically shared a lot of engineering and components, some good (Hydra-Matic, Olds 350 and 307 gasoline V-8's, La Salle straight-eight blocks and engine components) and some not so good (5.7 and 4.3 Olds diesel engines).  At least Cadillac was kind enough not to return the "favor" of the diesel engines by shipping HT4100's to Lansing for Ninety-Eights as originally planned!

art#22010

HEE HEE, some favor. Despite the bad rap of that motor , there are some that have gone over 200 th.
Its still a HEE HEE though.