News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1966 Cadillac Fleetwood

Started by Steve.43, October 12, 2008, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve.43

I'm a stranger here and don't know much about Cadillacs, so I'm looking for some help.  There's a 1966 Fleetwood for sale in town that looks like it came out of a barn.  No visible rust, 90,000 miles, very dirty but not beat up, and the paint looks original and I think it would polish presentably.  The interior is intact, but dirty.  Right front bumper end is missing, otherwise it seems to be complete.  They say it runs OK, but I haven't heard it yet.  The asking price is $1500.  Too much?  Any help appreciated.  Going to look again tomorrow and hopefully hear it run...maybe drive it.

Thanks,

Steve.43

Fred Zwicker #23106

???  What model?  (4-door sedan, convertible, etc.)?  Color of paint? 

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

steve.43

Sorry, I don't know a lot of the answers to those questions.  It's a Fleetwood Brougham, medium dark blue metallic in color with a blue vinyl top.  I'll check the wheelbase tomorrow.  If I understand what I've read correctly, that should tell me whether it's a 60 or a 75?

Steve

okccadman

Steve,

A Fleetwood Brougham is a Series 60.  Where are you located?

Jim
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Steve.43

Thanks for the info.  My ignorance is legendary.  I live in northern Indiana.

Steve

Big Fins

For $1500, grab it Steve. Don't hesitate !!! It's worth thousands in parts.
It has the 429. Running or not, call a flatbed to come and get it.

If the owner hears it run he/she might change their mind and want more money. If you part it, you'll get your money, plus back in no time.

Fins

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Steve,

I agree with Fins. Grab it. The '66 was a great car. I'm partial to them, because my mother used to own one. One the the nicest cars I ever drove. That 429 had gobs of power and the trans shifted as smooth as glass. Go for it!!

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

I think you received good advice.  I am sending this response to you for two reasons.  First, to offer assistance, and secondly, to ask you to join the the National Cadillac La Salle Club and the Indiana Region of the Cadillac La Salle Club.  You can find the Indiana Region on the web at www. inclc.org.  By doing so you will have access to good advise and fellowship from like minded people.  I also noticed that you indicated that you reside in Northern Indiana.  The Indiana Region has many members in Northern Indiana - both northwest and northeast Indiana.  In fact, the head of the "Vertical Headlight Chapter" resides in Indiana and is a member of the region.  Good luck on your decision.

Bill Hedge
Indiana Region Director
La Porte, Indiana