News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

91 deville, windows always work in morning, not in day

Started by Kevin Wiles, March 24, 2009, 01:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Wiles

every morning my drivers side window rolls up and down perfectly.   but every day at lunch they're dead.    the exeption:  the car was parked in a covered parking garage all morning, when i went to lunch they worked!!!!!!  i have a suspicion its something to do with temperature.    what to do???

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

David #19063

"Doctor, doctor, my arm hurts when I do this..."

But seriuosly Kevin,

Does this only affect your driver's window?

e.g. How do all the other windows work from the driver's switch before and after lunch?  And their own switches before and after lunch?

David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Kevin Wiles

its just the drivers window.
the other windows work from the drivers switch and their respective switches
thanks , kevin

Jim Salmi #21340

Sounds like temperature or maybe humidity related i.e., humidity in the morning which gets burned off during the day except when the sun isn't hitting it.  I would think something in the wiring isn't firmly grounded.  The humid air around it is providing just enough of a ground connection to make it work sometimes.
1952 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan

David #19063

Probably the issue is in the switch.  Take it out and clean it.

Or try to get another one from a salvage yard.

David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours