News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I need some infromation on a 1960 cadillac barn find

Started by hollyboy42, April 21, 2009, 08:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollyboy42

I answered an add on a popular web site about a 1960 Cadillac for sale this is what I found when I got there. I have the cowl tag numbers if anyone can decode them for me it would be very helpful ;D. I was told its original paint here are the tag numbers

style-60-6329
body fw6601
trim 4
paint 24-12
acc EHY

I paid 1500.00 cash for the car I hope I made a good deal and I am going to try to put up some pictuers here too.It wont let me but any pictures up

thanks in advance
J.R.Holly

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day J.R.Holley,

Congratulations on your purchase.

Style-60-6329 is a 1960 Cadillac 6 Window Sedan deVille
Body fw6610 sounds like it is a Fleetwood Sixty Special Number 6601
Paint 24 is Pelham Blue and 12 is Olympic White
Accessories E is E-Z Eye Glass, H is Heater, and Y is for 6 Way power front seat adjuster

For it to be a Sixty Special, it should have a Fleetwood Badge just behind the front wheel opening.   

Bruce. >:D 
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

hollyboy42

the body number is 6601 but there are no tags on it saying Fleetwood it has a round roof line vs. the flat roof line of the deVille would that make it a sixty special the tags may have be lost over the years it's been in storage since 1965.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

It's NOT a Fleetwood. Otherise it would be a 60-6029 The FW is for Fleetwood body, not Fleetwood 60 Special body.  Good luck with your new purchase. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

hollyboy42

so what am I looking at a lot of names are flying around is it just a deville or a fleetwood.  thanks for the help Im just new to this i am easily confuesed

Otto Skorzeny

Fleetwood is the company that made bodies for some Cadillacs. Fisher made the others.

The 60 Special is the only model in the series 60 line. It is often referred to as a "Fleetwood" because it had that word on the trunk or the fenders just as other models had "Coupe de Ville" or "Eldorado" in similar locations.

Your id plate, 60 - 6329 designates a 1960 model year, series 63, body style 29

The Series 63 includes 3 models in the DeVille line. The body style represented  by the number 29 is a 6 window, hardtop sedan.

Your car is a 1960 Sedan DeVille  6 window hardtop.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

I apologise for supplying some misleading information.

I had better re-read my postings before hitting the Post Button.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

hollyboy42

that's okay I would like to thank everyone for there help ;D. I know that Im going to have a lot more questions in the future

Chris Conklin

Quote from: hollyboy42 on April 21, 2009, 08:35:53 PM
style-60-6329
body fw6601
trim 4
paint 24-12
acc EHY

Congratulations! Re-check your trim code when you get a chance, I don't believe there is a code 4 and a special order trim would be a code of SO6601. A Pelham Blue car would have been offered with the following trim options;

43 = Blue-Black Cambray cloth inserts / Blue Metallic Florentine Leather bolsters
41 = Gray Chadwick cloth inserts / Gray Florentine Leather bolsters
40 = Silver - Black Cambray cloth inserts / White Forentine leather bolsters

The body number denotes that this is the 6,601st made (there were 22,579 made in total). There may also be an alpha-numeric right above the word "STYLE" on the tag. That designates when the car was completed by month (number) and week of the month (letter). I'm kinda curious to see if it's there.
Chris Conklin