News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 cad heater control valve

Started by rstanton, July 30, 2011, 10:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstanton

I have a 1956 series 62 coupe without airconditioning. I need to replace a heater control valve. It is located on the firewall inside the car. Does anyone know of a vendor that sells these new or refurbished? I have not found one yet.  I am looking for  a heater blower motor for the same year. It is 12 volt with a purple wire, and a ground wire. No one rebuilds them in my area any more. I was sorta hoping to find a refurbished one, before going to a used part. I already got a used part, and it does not match. You can email me names of some vendors. I have tried several so far, but many only go back to 1962. Thank you so much

Roger Zimmermann

Old air products www.oldairproducts.com used to repair heater valves. I sent the valves from my 2 '56 cars and other ones. Not exactly cheap, but new valves are not available.
I may have heater motors; you forgot to mention which side you are needed. As I'm located in Switzerland, the shipping charges may exceed what you are expecting to pay for a good motor.

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

TonyZappone #2624

Old Air Products:   real gentlemen, turnover in a week under $100 for my '47 convertible.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle