News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 A/C Production Breakout Inquiry?

Started by BJM, May 04, 2009, 10:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

Anybody know the number of 1953 Cadillacs with factory A/C? How about model to model breakout?

I am jsu pontificating but I believe "most" 1953 A/C applications would have been in Fleetwoods as I have seen several Fleetwoods with A/C but do not recall seeing even a Coupe DeVille with A/C, as this one appears to have.

http://www.dansoldcars.net/000_4696.jpg

P W Allen CLC# 20193

I doubt very much if such a breakdown of 53 Cads with A/C by model exists. I agree that the Fleetwood models were more likely to have the A/C option, but in 53 you could order A/C in any model except the convertibles. This includes the Eldorado. I would venture to guess that no more than 10% of the 53 cars had the A/C option, if that much. It was an $800.00 option back then. I have never seen one personally, but have seen several 53's on eBay with the A/C option, including Model 62 Coupes and Sedans.

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

BJM

Thanks. And I have not necessarily followed 53 Cadillacs except every one advertised with air they make it a point to put that in the auction / ad.   I googled 53 Cadillac Coupe deVilles and found a gorgeous one attached to an auction site.

http://www.remarkablecars.com/ppads/showproduct.php/product/4841/cat/883

I like the color including the interior.  I'm going to make a run at this one if it is complete.  Not because of the A/C which is likely NOT complete but just because I like 53's the best of the 50-53 period.

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE