News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct size wheels for a 42 Cadillac Commercial Chassis???

Started by Tom Skraitz 20767, July 07, 2009, 10:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Skraitz 20767

I have a 42 Cadillac Flxible Hearse and I am looking at purchasing 2 16" wheels from a 39 Cadillac. The owner states that "One is about 4 ¾ and the other about 5 ¼  wide.(measuring inside where the bead of the tire would be)"  Does anybody out there know what the correct width should be or I am I looking at the wrong set of wheels for my hearse.  Thanks, Tom

Warren Rauch

The correct wheel for your car is part# 143 3332. It fits 39-40 Lasalle CC, 39 series 61CC,40 series 72,41 series 62CC, and 41-49 series 67,75 & 86  exc 47 series 75 special bus.
  Hollander lists this wheel as 16 inch diameter,5 bolts, 5 inch wide and 5inch bolt circle. The smaller cars  are listed as 39-40 16 inch diameter, 5 bolts ,4 1/2 inch wide and 5 inch bolt circle. The 41 up smaller models use 15 inch wheels.
  If the wheels are Cadillac ,I would guess the seller has one of each. Warren

Tom Skraitz 20767

Warren, Thank you for your help in this matter.  This is the expert help I was hoping to find.  Much Appreciated!!!