News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Touring Suspension...

Started by Rick Biarritz, July 07, 2009, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Biarritz

How do I know if my Eldo has touring suspension or not?  It's an 83 Biarritz.  Thanks.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Quote from: Rick Biarritz on July 07, 2009, 08:14:53 PM
How do I know if my Eldo has touring suspension or not?  It's an 83 Biarritz.  Thanks.
If it has it, it came from the factory with a small chrome "touring suspension" emblem on the trunk (right side, I think).  The ride is also considerably firmer with the touring suspension than with the standard set-up (some would say too firm, especially at low speeds).

nick.stratta

Yes, more European taste ride.  A friend has a Touring suspension *85 Eldorado for sale in Ireland if anyone in Europe is interested.
regards, Nick
regards & thanks Nick
CLC 23023, CLCMRC Museum benefactor 113

Guidematic

Cars with touring suspension also came with aluminum wheels and P225 7015 tires.

Touring suspension also gave larger anti roll bars, differant shocks, but I'm not certain of the spring rates.

Check on the SPI label under the trunk lid. Standard suspension will be FE1, Touring Suspension will be either FE2 or FE3.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

bcroe

To be sure, check the diameter of the front & rear sway bars, and the torsion bars.  There should also be some cross bracing in the engine compartment.  Bruce Roe  CLC  #14630

Guidematic

I just checked on one of th3e build sheets I found in the '85 Seville I scrapped some years ago, which did have Touring Suspension.

You will find "FE2" on the SPI label if the car has this suspension. "FE1" is the standard suspension.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69