News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57 cadillac deville vin location

Started by Connie, July 16, 2009, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connie

Can someone tell me where the vin is located on a 57 cadillac deville?
Thanks
Connie

kelly

If the car has the original engine in it, look at the front right (passenger side) engine boss, where the head and block come together. The vin is stamped onto a flat area at the head to block joint, on the block. I believe you can also find it on the frame rail on the same side, outboard.
Kelly Martin
Kelly Martin
1957 Fleetwood 75
2008 DTS

Connie

Thanks for the help. I'll look there.
Connie

John Morris #23947

Also, there should be a plastic tag on the door jamb, with same number as stamped on engine.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

customcars

there is a vin on the frame on the pass side, you will may need a mirror just in board of the door....yes on the block (if it is the original engine) ....the plastic oil change door tag , and on the cowl blister behind the brake booster.....the most reliable is the frame.....k