News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Cadillac la salle sedan

Started by joe encina, August 18, 2009, 11:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe encina

This car is operable. Needs cleaning and battery ETC, Find tuning. What could I sell it for?  Original.?

buicksplus

Hard to say with just one picture.  Looks like a very old restoration, don't think the color is original. Has some rust issues (door and fender look perforated, but perhaps it is just dirty).  Hood side panels are missing, if they are missing they would be hard to find.  They are unique to the 39.

I would guess 3 to 6K assuming it is all there mechanically and operable as you say.  These are very nice cars and people definitely like them.  They drive great and keep up with modern traffic.  But I think it would take quite a bit to improve this car and get it running properly -- it looks like it has sat for a very long time.

Bill.

Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700

joe encina

Quote from: joe encina on August 18, 2009, 11:23:04 PM
This car is operable. Needs cleaning and battery ETC, Find tuning. What could I sell it for?  Original.?
Thanks I 'll get more photos. I agree with you

STEVE CLC #16187

I believe that is a 1939 LaSalle Color. It could be a special order for 1939  called   " Italian Cream"  As for as price it depends on the condition of the body and what parts are missing, Body panels like them side panels are hard to find. Also the condition of the chrome parts grills. door handles, window trim etc. Also rust is a deal killer expensive to repair. I would have to look at the interior , door sills, dash and gauges , upholstery etc. Underneath  and body  to make any kind of appraisal. Just my 2 cents

steve
steve hales
clc # 16187

joe encina

Quote from: buicksplus on August 19, 2009, 01:58:25 AM
Hard to say with just one picture.  Looks like a very old restoration, don't think the color is original. Has some rust issues (door and fender look perforated, but perhaps it is just dirty).  Hood side panels are missing, if they are missing they would be hard to find.  They are unique to the 39.

I would guess 3 to 6K assuming it is all there mechanically and operable as you say.  These are very nice cars and people definitely like them.  They drive great and keep up with modern traffic.  But I think it would take quite a bit to improve this car and get it running properly -- it looks like it has sat for a very long time.

Bill.

one more picture.