News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac generator pulley question

Started by carguyblack, November 02, 2009, 05:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

A friend just sent me a double pulley for my generator for my 1956 Cadillac with air conditioning. The one that was on the car was only a single pulley and it looked like every other one I had ever seen - with the cooling fins on the generator side of the pulley. The double pulley he sent me which was off a 56 Cadillac as well has a solid plate where the cooling fins were on the other one. Is this correct and normal? Do those fins not serve the purpose of cooling as I thought?  Is there another section with fins that I now need as well or is this complete as it is? Thanks!
Chuck Dykstra - Portage, MI
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Otto Skorzeny

Chuck, my double groove generator pulley has fins just like a normal generator pully
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Otto Skorzeny

Right. My car has the pulley like the one on the bottom.
fward

carguyblack

Thanks Forrest and Lou,
You did answer the question for me. My friend is sending me the fins to this pulley tomorrow so we'll see what it looks like when it comes. It apparently is a 2 part assembly, unlike what the responses from the club to my question were. Maybe it's from a Studepackerlac? I'll let you know.
Hey Lou, if that 2nd picture is your car, could you keep the pulley and send me the rest of your engine? What a gem!
Thanks, guys. Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Otto Skorzeny

I don't recall mine being two parts - at least not two parts that one would normally disassemble.
fward