News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Help 1930 LaSalle Coupe & Touring 7 Passenger

Started by Brian Dowell, November 13, 2009, 07:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Dowell

??? My dad has a 30 coupe and a 30 touring. We are looking for parts. My Dad is a Member of your club.  On the Coupe we are in need of the two bars on the Conv top which are curved the ones on the inside about 10 to 12 inches long with holes on either end.  The Touring car we are in need of wiring harnesses and linkage for the carb and dist.  Also we are very novice and in need of real help.
Please Call me with any help you may be.
Brian. Home 810 367 6868, Cell 586 864 5110.
30 LaSalle Coupe
30 LaSalle 7 Passenger touring
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

buicksplus

Brian:

You don't say where you live, but I suggest you join a local CLC or AACA or VMCCA chapter of there is one.  You will find plenty of folks who can give you hands on help with these very special cars.

I would also go to a bookstore and get the latest issue of Hemmings Motor News.  There are many ads in there for Cadilliac and LaSalle parts and parts vendors.

Wiring harnesses are not cheap but several vendors make excellent ones, such as Harnesses Unlimited in PA or Rhode Island Wiring in RI.  They both advertize in Hemmings.

Look in Hemmings for literature and order a Cadillac shop manual as close to 1930 as you can get.  Whether you work on the car yourself or not, the manual will be necessary.  It will show you what the throttle linkage is supposed to look like.

Regarding the top bows, for a car as rare as a 30 LaSalle, you will probably have to fabricate this part.  It isn't all that hard to make a top bow like you describe, go to a sheet metal fabricator (perhaps someone who makes air conditioning ductwork), they can either make it or give you leads for someone who can.

Find someone in your town who likes to work on old cars.  Most cities have several shops that love to work on old cars, you need to ask around to find them. 

Good luck, have fun, and your old cars will bring you new friends!
Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700

Otto Skorzeny

Hi Brian,

The link below my name is a huge list of vendors for Cadillac parts and services.

Admittedly, most of them cater to postwar Cadillacs but their are many companies that sell restoration parts and supplies for pre-war cars as well. You will find companies on the list that rebuild shocks, steering parts, fuel and water pumps, carburetors, etc.

Other companies sell rubber products and upholstery products for pre-war cars. As BP mentioned, their are a couple companies listed that make wiring harnesses for all years and models.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Johan Boltendal #158

You might want to send me an e-mail  jbmk@planet.nl  I can give you some advice and answers  Johan

Brian Dowell

:) Thank you for the replies.  My Dad belongs to the CLC near Detroit they meet in I think Roseville and Plymouth every other month.  The list of suppliers is great and I will use it.
On the 30 Coupe I was did not explain it correctly. Our top bows are all there I'm looking for the inside Chrome/nickel bar which is located just behind your ear as you sit in the car.  The bar is about 10 to 12 inches long with about a 3/8 to 1/2 hole on each end.  Ours is missing and we seen one on a car at old car festival in greenfield village.  I'm going to try to get a photo of this bar posted on this sight next week.
On the 30 Touring the car is not too bad it is a solid car we are tossed between a total restoration or a partial using the car as a driver. We need a wiring harness which with your replies I will now order. The linkage i need to do some looking into.  I have ordered a shop manual.  But as usual knowledge from people who have been there is invaluable.
Brian
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring

Brian Dowell

:) Thank you all.  I would like to purchase some 30 LaSalle parts.  I am looking for some linkage parts from the gas pedal to the carb to the dist. Looking for the linkage from the steering arm to the front driving lights which make them turn with the wheels.  Any of the parts which go on the steering wheel the "plastic" "bakealite" parts.
Brian
30 LaSalle Coupe
33 LaSalle Sedan
60 Cadillac Convertible
15 Model T Touring