News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vinyl top on a '64 Fleetwood?

Started by Steve Parmerlee, CLC# 19126, December 20, 2009, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Parmerlee, CLC# 19126

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?SaleCode=AZ10&CarID=r148&fc=0#

This car, which sports a vinyl top, rolls across the auction block next month without a reserve. Anyone familiar with this car?  Here's my authenticity question.  Was a vinyl top available in 1964?

Here's a side question.  Anyone care to guess what this car will sell for?

Greg McDonnell

I believe vinyl roof coverings (aside from those on the earlier Eldorado Sevilles) became available in '62 on the DeVille and Fleetwood models only.

That is a beautiful Fleetwood!  It's anyone's guess as to what it will go for.  If the right two buyers are present and a bidding war ensues, who knows how high it will go?

Greg McDonnell
CLC #20841
Greg McDonnell
CLC #20841

Craig Chally

Nice looking car.  I'd hazard a guess of $15000 before fees and premiums.

Dave Ventresca

I worked on a 1960 fleetwood 60S that had a factory vinyl top back in the 70's . the car was all original. Dave

Richard Sills - CLC #936

The answer is yes to the vinyl top question. 

Price depends on how the car strikes the buyers, which is hard to tell from a picture.  This is a restored car (with mileage not indicated).  Based on its award history, it is probably a high quality restoration.

'64 is the last "fin" year, which should be a plus.  With the turbo-hydramatic transmission and the larger engine, a good '64 is a pleasure to drive as well.  It is hard to guess the value because there are not a lot of restored sedans from this era, but if the car is really nice, it would not surprise me to see it go above $20K.