News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Carpets

Started by Peter J CLC # 25678, February 06, 2010, 05:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter J CLC # 25678

Can someone help with htis and offer a definative answer....

I have three Caddys, a '70 Fleetwood, '70 Eldo and '71 Eldo conv and I need new carpets. now, I'm in the UK so no chance of getting anything over here. I called Auto Custom Carpets, gave them the interior trim code for each car so I would get the exact colour and received my carpets.

So far so good, when I looked the carpets they are 'loop' not cut pile, but I am sure the carpets in my cars are original factory, and are not loop but cut pile. ACC tell me loop is definately correct for all '70 & '71 Cadillacs.

Can anyone tell me whats right and whats not??? They will not take them back so with shipping and taxes, do I have $1300 worth of carpets that are wrong and of no use?

Thanks,

Peter....

Barry Norman

Loop pile is NOT correct for those cars. They have a dense cut pile carpet which to my knowledge, nobody reproduces. Their cut pile would be the closest to what came in the car .
Barry Norman

jagbuxx #12944

Loop carpet is correct only for Calais series in 70-71.
I'm sure that vendors such as OPG or USA parts supply will have cut pile and can send you a sample prior to purchase.
Shame on the vendor that won't accept a return for an incorrect product that never was in the cars in the first place.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.