News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 Eldorado vs 69 Eldorado

Started by weephee, January 02, 2010, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Skorzeny

Greg, please put a plate of some kind in that hole in the front bumper. It's dragging down the whole effect!
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Greg McDonnell

;D  I agree, it does look a bit empty in the front bumper, doesn't it!  I want one of those simple tags the dealers provided if the car was sold in a state where front license plates weren't used (like here in AL). 

The photos I posted were taken the day the car was delivered.  It had just rolled out of the truck when I snapped those pics. :)

Greg
Greg McDonnell
CLC #20841

Otto Skorzeny

I'm just giving you grief. Those blank-out plates appear on ebay fairly regularly.

In the meantime, find a nice Cadillac crest plate or Cadillac script plate and put it on.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Chris Conklin

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on January 07, 2010, 08:42:40 PM
Those blank-out plates appear on ebay fairly regularly.

Hey Greg,

If I can find the seller's name for this plate I'll send it to you, it was an eBay purchase. I was surprised at the quality of the plate when I received it, excellent finish and extremely well done (especially for only $20 or so). I believe he has a few different style plates available.
Chris Conklin

ed moore

Quote from: weephee on January 02, 2010, 10:28:15 PM
I have been looking at a 68 Eldorado and now a 69 Eldorado.   I like the hide away headlamps in the 68 but I love the red leather upholstry in the 69.   Which ever one I buy, I want to restore to original condition.   Can anyone tell me if these two cars were in identical condition, which one would be more desirable or valueable once properly restored.   They are both selling for the same price and I'm having a hell of a time deciding which one to buy.   Maybe some one here can help.  Thanks
please  buy  the  69  i  had  a  68  parts  for  the  68  is  hard  to  find