News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

50s and 60s radio speaker

Started by ray w., February 22, 2010, 12:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray w.

Read somewhere a while back about a company that is reproducing exact copies of the front and rear speakers for cadillacs of the 50s and 60s and other GM cars. Does anyone know the company selling them? Thanks

Greg Powers

I used a company called S&M Electro-Tech, Inc. (www.turnswitch.com) for my 1963 Series 62 convertible rear speaker. Speakers are better quality speakers but exact replacement using original brackets without modification. Hope they have what you need.
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

ray w.

Thanks Greg, looking at their web site it seems they have some nice speakers, will call them in the AM. Thanks again.

Bill Balkie 24172

Ray,  S  & M also helped me out with my wonderbar radio  and supplied me with the correct speakers . I think you will be very happy with this company .
Bill
Quote from: Greg Powers on February 22, 2010, 04:45:07 PM
I used a company called S&M Electro-Tech, Inc. (www.turnswitch.com) for my 1963 Series 62 convertible rear speaker. Speakers are better quality speakers but exact replacement using original brackets without modification. Hope they have what you need.
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS