News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

73 eldorado

Started by bill crosby, April 09, 2010, 02:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill crosby

Looking for info on my 73 Eldorado. I would to get a close up door photo of a '73 pace car, as I want to copy the lettering of a pace car for mine, even though it's red.
Also looking for the value of this car and some Cadillac car shows in Massachusetts or NE. Also if there are interior parts in red leather available and red carpe kits
Looking forward to drive my Caddy this Summer and any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Welcome to the Cadillac & La Salle Club Message Board.  If you are not already a member, I would strongly suggest that you join both the national club and your local region.  You will find it to be one of the best investments you have ever made.  You will find much helpful information in the Class 24A: 1973 Cadillac Eldorado Pace Car (second edition, 2005) $40 US ($50 US for non-CLC members) Authenticity Manual.  This manual can be purchased from the club.  To place an order for the 1973 Authenticity Manual please go to the first page of the club website.  On the left side of this page you will find a sidebar.  Click on the subject entitled Authentictiy Manual and the rest should be self explanatory.

Otto Skorzeny

Hi Bill Crosby,

Click on the link in my signature and you'll find a list of potential parts sources for everything you might need for your car. There is a guy who posts on this site who has built an archive of information on thew pace cars. Perhaps he will see your post. Ican't think of his name right now. Maybe do a google search.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Carfreak

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on April 09, 2010, 07:46:16 PM

There is a guy who posts on this site who has built an archive of information on thew pace cars. Perhaps he will see your post. Ican't think of his name right now. Maybe do a google search.

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,100463.0.html

Who needs Google?    :)
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

The "expert" on the '73 Eldorado pace car in our club is Tim Paul, who is curator of the CLCMRC
museum.

Hopefully he'll see this post and reply to you.  If not, his E-Mail is in the "book" and I'm sure
he would help out.

Mike

1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

David King (kz78hy)

I will be picking up trash tomorrow morning with Tim on Woodward Ave.   The Motor City Region adopted a section of that road in Pontiac, MI and tomorrow morning is "fun" day.  I will tell him to check the message board for this post.  Tim's 73 is very nice.

David

PS it is Tim Pawl
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

RobW

I don't get it? Pace cars were white. Why make a red one? It's only going to take away value from your car not add any.
But its your car so do what makes you happy.
You can buy reproduction pace car decal sets. The only problem would be they use red lettering. Maybe you could contact the vendor and ask to have them made in another color.

Anybody want to make a green bi-centeniel conv? How about a brown 53 vette? ??? ::) ;D
Rob Wirsing

Carfreak

Quote from: kz78hy on April 09, 2010, 11:42:22 PM

I will be picking up trash tomorrow morning with Tim on Woodward Ave.  

The Motor City Region adopted a section of that road in Pontiac, MI and tomorrow morning is "fun" day. 

Good thing you clarified the situation David.   :D
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Davidinhartford

Grab an issue of Hemmings Motor News to find listings of car shows in Massachusetts.   There is a very nice car show in Dedham Mass at the Endicott Estate every July.