News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

GM optional reel out trouble light for 1962 cadillac?

Started by art, May 17, 2010, 12:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art

Hey All,

I recently acquired a nice GM reel out trouble trunk light off Ebay.  I was hoping to find out if this was an option for 1962 cadillacs?  Are there any 1962 cadillac owners out there that have this GM option stock on their classic?  I would appreciate any insight into this.

Art Tascone
Raleigh, NC
1962 eldorado

Dave Shepherd

That was my 1st year working for Cadillac Motor Car Division. I never saw one in any 62 cad at the time.

quadfins

It is not shown in any 1961 or 1962 Cadillac literature that I have seen. Not to say that the dealer didn't have them in the parts department, but I can't envision a Cadillac owner of the time crawling under the car, wrench-in-hand, attempting repairs...

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Terry Wenger

Art:

That sounds like a light that Pontiac had under the hood back in the late fifties. It had a bracket, was round and unreeled as needed.
Terry Wenger
Terry Wenger CLC #1800
tewv16@sbcglobal.net
1932 355B TSD
1939 7557
1940 60S
1941 60S
1947 6267 Conv.
1949 6207X Coupe
1963 60S

35-709

Believe this subject has been discussed here before and at the time it was pretty much determined that that light was a Pontiac option for the trunk (or engine compartment).  I sold new Pontiacs and Cadillacs for several years and saw them as an option on Pontiacs (though we rarely sold that option), but never on Cadillacs.  Do not know if any other GM division offered them but they were pretty rare in my experience.
GeoffN. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

I suppose Chevrolets and Pontiacs broke down more often than Cadillacs, so there was no need for one of those lights in any Cadillac. ;)

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Carfreak

Cadillac owners didn't work on their own cars.   

Think about it - Cadillac owners were always on their way to or from an important meeting in NYC and on the weekend they went to the Country Club to golf or a night on the town he wearing a tux and her in the latestevening gown with lots of jewels. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.