News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1932 Lasalle Oil Pan Gasket...need source

Started by shavdog, June 27, 2010, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shavdog

I tried google and did a few searches on here...where can I buy a new oil pan gasket...After reading the comments here, I think its advisable to drop the pan when I change oil on my new car...are there any secrets to dropping the pan on a 353 or is it pretty straight forward....do you use a gasket sealer or not..thanks..craig
C Shavlik

Otto Skorzeny

There are a couple vendors on the "List" who specialize in cars of your vintage. Wayne Elsworth and Pete Sanders are two.

You might also try Marx Parts and Antique Auto Supply. Both have extensive NOS inventories.

All of these vendors can be found in the link in my signature.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Carfreak

Gee Otto, I thought you had Olson's Gaskets in your Master Vendor List.   Guess no one gave you their info previous.   :-[

Olson's Gaskets
3059 Opdal Rd E
Port Orchard, WA 98366
phone/fax: (360)871-1207
(International calls use country code 011)
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8 -5 (West Coast Time)
E-Mail: info@olsonsgaskets.com

We are the world's largest supplier of engine gaskets for the "antique" market. We sell gaskets, not available through your local auto parts store, for antique cars, trucks, tractors, stationary, marine and industrial engines (1900 - 1960's).

We have a large supply of NOS (New Old Stock) head gaskets, with an estimated 40,000 , 1960 and older in inventory.
We supply full overhaul sets, headgaskets, manifold sets, valve cover, and oil pan gaskets.
All of our cork and paper gaskets are fresh, new product.

In recent years, by working with other vendors and dealers we have been responsible for putting a large number of gaskets back into production.
Examples include: Packard 6, 8, V-8, and V-12; Hudson 6; Farmall F-20; Waukesha FC; Caterpillar 10,15, and 60; and Oliver tractor.

What we don't have in stock, reproduce, or have available through our supplier network, we can hand cut from a customer supplied pattern.
We also cut paper, cork, felt, and neoprene gaskets.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Otto Skorzeny

Excellent CF. I'll add it today.

You know I plan to introduce an index for the list. I haven't done much  on it recently. It's a lot of work.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Carfreak

Doesn't tell you how to drop the oil pan and its a 1931 instead of 1932, but interesting nonetheless:   
http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/documents/1930s/1931/1931%20LaSalle/
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

shavdog

After alot of searching I found one....Hagens out of the state of Washington...they handle electrical and mechanical parts for the 353 cadillac engine....Olson Gaskets also has....of course they are cheaper after I already ordered... >:(
C Shavlik

Don Rundgren

Craig,
I recommend Olson's for future reference, they have helped me with my Cadillac and a 28 Pierce Arrow. They stand behind their products and will go out of their way to help if any problems arise. As far as dropping the pan I have done it on my V12, simple job. It will be more complicated if your car still has the splash pans in place since you will have to access the top of some of the bolts as you remove the nuts. I was pleasantly surprised, there was about 1/2" of soft sludge in the pan bottom but the engine was very clean inside. Good luck!
Don
McKinney, Texas

david Z

Two things to mention.  One is when you drop the pan take the screen out of the bottom and clean it real good.  It unscrews.The other is when you put the pan back on be SURE to have the oil float in the correct position as to not damage it when you put the pan back on. regards Dave Zitzmann