News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

4.1 L HT 4100

Started by John Peck, September 01, 2010, 01:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Peck

Are their any experts out there on this motor?  I have a 1985 Eldorado that should be rebuilt.  Is there a correct way to do this as to prevent future failure?

Davidinhartford

You may want to do a search on this forum for that info.   That is a pretty hot topic around here.

John Peck

Is there a company/rebuilder out there that has mastered this motor to make it good?  Jasper Engines maybe?

Otto Skorzeny

Jasper has an excellent rep. I think they do the 4100 but I don't know what they do to it. Do they do all the GM mods that the factory did after they started faiiling?

Ask a lot of questions.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

35-709

HT 4100 Cadillacs:
(1982 -1987 HT 4100 powered cars)
The HT 4100 Chapter
Terry Griffin
terry@tpgriffin.com

From the CLC Home page, found by clicking on "Chapters" on the left.  There should be plenty of help there on that engine. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

35-709

The HT 4100 will always be problematic, by its design.  A good rebuild may well make it a better engine but it will always require meticulous maintenance and strict adherence to its particular/peculiar maintenance requirements.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2