News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1965 Cadillac Heat & A/C Mode and Temperature Door Acess?

Started by mbehrend, February 09, 2011, 01:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbehrend

I'm getting heat and A/C into the cockpit, but very feeble through the vents.  I suspect that either or both the temperature and the mode doors are not operating properly.  I've noticed bits of what looks like foam tape coming from the vents from time to time.  Can anyone give me a shortcut in removing parts of the dash in order to observe the operation of the doors and check the vacuum lines to the power units.  I have a shop manual.  The dash assembly chapter is geared toward each instrument, rather than exposing what's underneath.  Any attempt at providing me a roadmap to do the least amount of dash dismantling will be greatly appreciated.

Chris Conklin

You may also want to take a peek at the duct from the blower. If our cars are as similar as they appear, there is an access window above it on the passenger side cowl. They tend to break away at the mounting point to the blower and I believe there is also a foam seal involved there as well.
Chris Conklin