News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Two Tone '59 Fleetwood????

Started by Jeff Wilk, February 25, 2011, 09:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

Hello, anybody out there have a picture of a white 59 Fleetwood Sixty special with a black roof?  My son and I are working on this car that I bought over 30 years ago and find that the roof needs a repaint badly.  Many many years ago it was painted with a silver roof as a factory original option.  We like the  two tone look but my son and I are leaning towards black.  We'd love to see a picture of one (or any '59 4dr sedan) that is white with a black roof before we send it in for the facelift.  Anybody have such a picture?

Thanks much!!!

Jeff & Noah ;D
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Davidinhartford

Hi Jeff,

I wasn't able to find a white and black 59, but did find a photo online of this beauty.   

Derham

Find someone facile with computers (like your nine year old nephew) and have them digitally repaint a picture of your car.

Find a photo of a white 1959 Fleetwood and have them use Adobe Illustrator or another program to recolor the roof in several different options - they can easily give you retouched photos with a black roof, a silver roof, a white roof, or any trial color you like.  Unless the interior of the car will be black, I would vote for the original silver top.  A silver top with a light gray interior would look sharp.

R Freeman
Atlanta
- R. Freeman

Davidinhartford

Here is a pic to start with.   Anyone good at photoshop?

Pat MacPhail

I suck at photoshop..but here goes..

Jeff Wilk

You are all so awesome!!  I like the photo shop work as well.  I've posted a picture of the car today below with my son.  We are leaning towards black at this point now that we've seen the art work below.  The silver roof it has now was a factory option as is the black, but our car was originally all Dover White.  It was given the silver roof somewhere in the early 70's about 5 years before I bought it.  Very poor paint job though.  Thanks again for all the assistance. Here.  And we will post a new picture after the repaint sometime in the next couple of months.

Jeff & Noah :D
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville