News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac 6229 Window Regulator/Window Sticking?

Started by sipprider, March 30, 2011, 07:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipprider

My 1960 Cadillac's front drivers side window keeps sliding off the tracks? Apparently there are two mounts on the bottom of the glass which the regulator/window arms mount to front and back.. the front one is broken on mine. I epoxied the glass to the metal piece and it seems to be working ok for now, still hard coming up.. any ideas y'all? thanks a bunch!

Matt Innocenzi

Zack, I am going off memory here, so bear with me.  If I am correct, the regulator arms have small plastic wheels at the ends which fit inside a track that bolts to the metal frame that holds the glass.  The track has a profile of a "C" like a steel stud to keep the wheel from de-railing.  Based on your description, the wheel keeps de-railing, correct?  If this is the case, the wheel is either worn down or the track no longer has the lips to retain the wheel.  Any way you can send a pic? 
Matt I
CLC #21633
1958 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1962 Cadillac Fleetwood

sipprider

Yes I do believe that is what's happening.. the window will roll half way or so up and make a squeaking noise and stop.. the window also moved very easily all around the track until I epoxied it as a temporary fix.. I can try and get a pic up tomorrow! thank you for your help!