News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1932 LaSalle Hood Lacing

Started by shammatt, May 27, 2011, 04:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shammatt

I'm in need of replacement hood lacing that cushions the hood as it fits on the radiator shell.  It is 1" wide with a center channel to hold a wire that stretches from each bottom side to the top of the radiator, beside the radiator cap, where the wire is secured.  This holds the lacing in place.  I'm also in need of replacing the similar piece that is fitted to the cowling to cushion the hood at the rear.  Does anyone have a source for this woven cotton material?  Vendors such as Steele Rubber or Restoration Supply do not offer the correct product or size.  Thanks for any assistance.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com
www.earlycadillac.org
www.brassbuicks.org

Wayne Womble 12210

I had the same problem.  I used as close to the correct size as I could get and sewed the pocket onto the webbing.

Classic

Kanter has "Hood lacing 7/8" wire-on, per foot,  $5.50 or $6.25".  Will that work?  Or call them to see if they have something closer to your needs.  What I did for my '37 was to buy the double beaded lacing and then inserted a wire (actually thin welding wire) down the center.  Worked fine.  Most places will send you a 2-3" sample if you ask?
Gene Menne
CLC #474