News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1928 341-A V 8 Electrical Question

Started by kenscaddie, July 25, 2011, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenscaddie

I am about to start the rewiring of my 1928 341-A 7 Seater.
I do not have an Electrolock, and was wondering if this will cause too much of problem re getting power to the distrubutor.
Is there a work around ?
Is there anyone over in the USA that is or can manufacture an Electrolock?

Aside from the 6 Volt issue, and turn signals are there any other pitfalls or things that I should be aware of ?

Also I will be installing a 6 Volt electric fuel pump between the tank and the carby, about mid way along the line.
This unit will run at very low pressure, just enough to keep the vacuum tank happy.
Are there any issues in fitting one of these ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Ken Andersen # 21420

Wayne Womble 12210

The electrolock is just a simple switch as far as the electronics is concerned.  Any switch will work in place of that. I think there is someone on this forum that has a couple for sale. 

Don Boshara #594

Ken,
Let me know if you need a wiring diagram.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

kenscaddie

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your response.
Hopefully that person will see the post and contact me.

Regards

Ken

Hi Don,

Thanks for the offer of a wiring diagram.
I have the basic diagram that is obtainable from the 1928/1929 Worshop Manual.
Is the one that you have any different ?  If so, can you drop me a copy at:  kenscaddie@bigpond.com.

Thanks and Regards

Ken
Ken Andersen # 21420

Wayne Womble 12210

Sorry they are 30-31 over in the for sale section.  I am not sure they are the same for 28.